The Centre Against Sexual Violence is committed to providing the best possible service to its clients and the community. It is important that we hear if there have been any problems with our service so that we can address them promptly. If you have a complaint about the service you have received from the Centre Against Sexual Violence Inc., there are several options available to you:
- You may contact the worker directly and lodge a verbal or written complaint.
- You may contact a nominated person and lodge the complaint either verbally or in writing. Nominated persons are either the Manager or the Chairperson of the Management Committee, both can be contacted through the service on 3808 3299.
- You may access a support worker or an advocate who is independent of the service to assist you to make a complaint.
- You are welcome to complete CASV’s anonymous feedback form.
The process for investigating a complaint is clearly outlined in our Policies and Procedures Manual. If you are dissatisfied with the process or the outcome of the complaint then you can request that an independent mediation process be undertaken by contacting:
The Department of Justice and Attorney-General GPO Box 149, Brisbane Qld 4000 or online through the complaint form: www.justice.qld.gov.au
When you make a complaint you have the right:
- to fair and prompt investigation of any complaints you may have about the services you have received;
- to make complaints without fear of being disadvantaged;
- to make complaints verbally or in writing;
- to have an advocate or a support person present if making a complaint; and
- to be informed of the outcome of your complaint.