WHO are the Supporters Against Sexual Violence (SASV)?
The Supporters Against Sexual Violence is an initiative of CASV and is a voluntary women’s social action group comprising of survivors and victims of sexual violence and female advocates who have completed the Social Action program run by CASV.
The aims of SASV are to.
- Raise awareness
- Stop the silence
- Implement social change
- To take the lead in eradicating sexual violence through awareness, education, and community engagement in Logan.
- To implement social change by being vocal about sexual violence and not letting our voices (SASV) be silenced.
- To be a “positive influence” in the community
- To be able to self-care and use appropriate boundaries.
- To support each other
- Roadside Vigils across Logan throughout the year https://www.facebook.com/casvinc/videos/1567962073253038
- Courier mail – Supporters Against Sexual Violence (SASV) speaking up for survivor’s rights to access specialist sexual violence support services where and when they need support across Queensland. https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=575104601405715&set=a.501952562054253
- Met with Police Commissioner to talk about the roll out of Sexual Violence Liaison Officers in Queensland
- Met with Police Minister, Minister for Communities and Minister Training and Skills Development
- Met with Women’s Safety and Justice Taskforce and was directly quoted in the “Hear her voice” report
- Marched in Reclaim the Night rallies
- Writing letters of advocacy
- Community and information stalls
Sexual Violence Awareness Campaigns:
- Ask Listen Respect – Sex without consent is a crime. https://www.facebook.com/casvinc/videos/3007728949270261
- Ask Listen Respect – We believe you. https://www.facebook.com/casvinc/videos/287703082355500
- My body belongs to me
- Participated as guest speakers in various events including AGMs, Candle Lighting Ceremonies, QLD Parliament House.
- Movie days at CASV
- International Women’s Day event
Participating and taking a lead at various CASV workshops
- Banner making workshop.
- What does feminism in 2020 look like?
- What is Feminism training?
Giving back to survivors/victims:
- Making sensory bags to give to every new client that attends at CASV.
- Making affirmation cards and Badges for clients
- My Voice, My Story, My Healing Morning Tea
Fundraising for SASV
- Various Raffles held at CASV
- Various Grant applications
If you are interested in joining SASV, please contact CASV for more information.
Special thanks to QLD Government and Logan City Council for grant funding, and Advanced Business Technologies for their continued donations.
Thank you to CASV for continued support of SASV
Donations can be made to: Centre Against Sexual Violence Inc Donation – BSB: 633-000 – Account Number: 131323156 Please note your name and SASV as reference. Thank you